Tuesday 18 December 2012

Day Seven

Well, Festus has had 7 doses of the Cyclosporine now and while the changes haven't been huge, there has been some improvement which is amazing in his world. He hasn't been itching himself as much and he hasn't been itching the moment you touch him. He still has some itchies but he isn't on any antihistamines at all anymore so that is a total positive for him.

He hasn't had any vomiting or diarrhea since the two incidences earlier on in this week either. Total bonus for him and ME!! Overall he's been enjoying the extra time and attention since I took most of last week off work have been home with him.

Cyclosporine - This is what he gets all wrapped up in that deli meat and then he GOBBLES it right down. 

Hey MOM!! Don't look at me I'm trying to have a nap in here. - Belly Shot - December 18, 2012

OK OK, I'll get up. 

I should add that he does not appreciate being woken up from his naps. He cherishes his naps like they are gold, he will appreciate it only if you are waking him up for two reasons. Snuggling with his momma, or for Dinner, other than that you'll get the stink eye and a lot of moaning and groaning. He really is an old man at heart deep deep inside somewhere. Sidney the boxer wanted in on the photo shoot so she ran into her kennel to get a piece of the action. 



Ok now I'm awake, I see you have freeze dried liver, is that for me?? 
(at least in this photo Sidney doesn't have crazy eyes)

Yes, I have no shame, I bribe the dogs with treats. Festus LOVES freeze dried meats, liver being one of his favourites. One of these days I'm going to get him some dehydrated duck feet and see what he makes of those, or perhaps some rabbit ears. Now the real reason Sidney wanted in on the photo shoot is revealed, she's a PORKER, anytime she gets an inkling that there is going to be food around edible or not she all over it like a fat kid on cake. 


Obligatory sitting pose - December 18, 2012

Although little progress to his hair growth which will take roughly a month for that to come in at least most of the redness from itching has almost vanished. Little bits of pink skin but nothing like last week where his skin was an angry aggravated red from his constant itching. 



Closer belly shot - December 18, 2012

Here you can see that his skin is pink and not red like it was last week which is a total improvement  from the reduction in itching. 

Hind Feet - December 18, 2012

His hind feet aren't red and wet from him sucking on them anymore which I haven't caught him doing while I've been home. 



Ok and back to your regular scheduled programming, NAP TIME. My belly is now full of yummy liver and I must catch up on my beauty sleep now. Until next week :) <3 Festus.




4 comments:

  1. Yay for already showing improvement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fes I've tried to post 3 times. I am hoping all 3 posts don't show up. I know your Mum will help me out ;) I'm glad your skin is better and you are feeling better. Your Mum and Dad are wonderful for going the extra mile to help you sweet baby <3 We luv you! Michele, Roscoe, Avalanche and Romeo

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries Michele :) It only showed up once. He sends his slobbers to you and your crew!!

    ReplyDelete